Sunday, March 17, 2013

Rev Up Your Crafters - Blizz Gives Free Week to Lapsed Accounts

This post will be relatively short and sweet, as I'm actually finding myself with a ton to do in-game right this moment, but I just wanted to give you guys a heads up.

I logged on tonight to find things selling in much more massive quantities than I'm used to for "setting and forgetting" auctions.  For example, I logged onto my Jewelcrafter and took about 28k gold out of the mailbox, all from gems.  An entire stack of a few things had sold, along with smattering of everything else.  I'm crafting PvP gear and flasks almost constantly.  I didn't want to look a gift horse in the mouth, but I thought to myself "Where is this all coming from?"

Then I saw something interesting.  My former Guild Master and a couple others who'd quit, suddenly signing on for the first time in weeks.  Turns out, Blizzard is giving a free week of game time to people whose subscriptions have lapsed.  Presumably, they hope they'll see enough in 5.2 to make them consider coming back.

This represents a huge market.  These people have just come back to the game after an indeterminate amount of time.  They only have so much time given to them for free, and they want to try out everything the new patch has to offer.  And seeing as they have no idea whether or not they'll stay past that free week, they're not being stingy with the gold.

So, what should you be doing?  Get your crafting alts producing, and get posting the fruits of those labors.  Basically, anything that helps someone do Throne of Thunder, or progress through LFR in general, is a good thing.  PvP gear, Ghost Iron Dragonlings, flasks, gems, belt buckles, enchants, spellthreads, etc.  Get crafting while the crafting's good!

No comments:

Post a Comment